It’s more than two years away, but excitement is building for what becomes one of the biggest items on the European travel calendar every 10 years—the Passion Play in Oberammergau, Germany.
Demand for Passion Play 2020 tickets is high, and some dates are already sold out. The season of 102 performances runs from May 16 to October 4, 2020.
“The Oberammergau Passion Play is a once-in-a-lifetime event that needs to be on everyone’s bucket list,” said Manny Paulo, an Oberammergau expert and senior product buyer for tour operator Collette, which in 2010 secured the largest allotment of Passion Play tickets and sold out all its programs that featured the religious spectacle. He recommends travelers “book as early as possible because it will sell out” again.
In 2020 Lifestyle Tours through Collette is offering more than 50 departures to seven Central Europe tours that include the play and a night or two in Oberammergau. Those 7 itineraries which also include Oberammergau and the Passion Play are:
- Imperial Cities featuring Budapest, Vienna & Prague
- Austria Delight featuring Munich, Salzburg, and Innsbruck
- Discover Switzerland featuring Bern, Lucerne, Innsbruck, Salzburg & Munich
- Alpine Explorer featuring Lago Maggiore, Zermatt, St. Moritz, Innsbruck, & Munich
- Exploring Alpine Countries featuring Austria, Germany and Switzerland
- Germany's Cultural Cities and Romantic Roads featuring Berlin, Hamburg, Marburg, Rothenburg & Munich
- Classic Danube River Cruise featuring a 6-night Danube River Cruise Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna, Passau and Munich
For more specific information, itineraries, rates and availability please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812-682-4477.
Lifestyle Tours provides the best in guided, group travel locally, domestically and internationally.Contact Us
Thursday, June 6, 2019
$139.00 per person more
Saturday, June 8, 2019
$109.00 per person more