Saturday – Monday, October 8 - 17, 2022
Saturday, October 8
- Today is a day of travel and our day ends in Topeka, Kansas.
- Tour the Evel Knievel Museum
- Bistro Dinner is included and we’ll spend the night in the Courtyard by Marriott in Topeka, Kansas. (D)
Sunday, October 9
- Breakfast in the hotel starts another day of travel.
- This evening the KickBack Reception is our dinner in the Drury Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colorado. (B, D)
Monday, October 10
- The hotel’s QuikStart Breakfast starts our day of touring!
- Our day includes:
- Visit the U.S. Air Force Academy
- Old North End neighborhood
- Garden of the Gods National Natural Landmark
- Riding tour of Old Colorado City
- Visit Penrose Carriage Heritage Museum
- Riding tour of “Downtown” Colorado Springs
- Visit Olympic Museum
- Dinner is included this evening (TBA)
- Overnight in the Drury Hotel in Colorado Springs. (B, D)
Tuesday, October 11
- The hotel’s QuikStart Breakfast gets us going for another busy day.
- We’ll take the Cog Railway to Pike’s Peak Summit and have free time in Manitou Springs.
- Dinner is at San Luis Mountain Brewery.
- Tonight we check-in at the Hampton Inn in Alamosa, Colorado. (B, D)
Wednesday, October 12
- Breakfast is in the Hampton Inn.
- Take in vast mountain views during our excursion aboard the historic Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad.
- Lunch is at Osier Station.
- Dinner is at Ska Brewing Restaurant and we’ll enjoy free time in Durango.
- We’ll spend the first of two nights in the Hampton Inn in Durango. (B, L, D)
Thursday, October 13
- A busy day of touring starts with breakfast in the hotel.
- Our local guide will take us to Mesa Verde National Park.
- While in this beautiful park we’ll enjoy a picnic lunch.
- We will take in a Navajo presentation at the Toh-Atin Gallery.
- Dinner is at the Red Snapper Restaurant and we’ll spend our second night at the Hampton Inn in Durango. (B, L, D)
Friday, October 14
- A day of adventure starts with breakfast in the hotel.
- An excursion on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad!
- We’ll have free time in Silverton and then tour the historic Western Hotel.
- The Western Hotel has been serving since the late 1800s. From the Western Hotel Saloon you can take in the view of the rocky cliffs of the Uncompahgre River Gorge.
- Dinner is in the Western Hotel this evening.
- Our lodging tonight is in the Twin Peaks Lodge in Ouray, Colorado.
While we are at Twin Peaks Lodge, you might enjoy some time relaxing in the hot springs. (B, D)
Saturday, October 15
- After breakfast in the Twin Peaks Lodge, you can enjoy some free time in Ouray. Ouray was granted National Historic District status because of the many examples of Victorian architecture. Nestled in a valley of the San Juan Mountains, Ouray is called “Little Switzerland of the Rockies”.
- We’ll enjoy the lunch buffet at Red Canyon Grille in Grand Junction.
- Dinner is the KickBack at the Drury Hotel in Stapleton, Colorado, where we will spend the night. (B, L, D)
Sunday, October 16
- The QuikStart Breakfast in the Drury Hotel starts a day of travel.
- The day of travel ends with the Bistro Dinner at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in Topeka, Kansas, where we spend our last night on the road.. (B, D)
Monday, October 17
- The hotel’s Continental Breakfast gets us going this morning.
- Tour the Arabia Steamboat Museum.
- In 1856 the steamboat sank in the Missouri River near Kansas City. Soon after that, the river changed course and quickly the boat became buried in the soft soil. It remained hidden until 1988. It has been restored and has become an interesting attraction.
- Lunch is at Marlene’s at Crane Store Museum.
- This evening we return home. (B, L)
- Refunds will be given until August 26, 2022.
- No Refunds or credits will be given after August 26, 2022.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance is available through private insurance providers.
- One such provider is Travel Guard. Contact Travel Guard at www.travelguard.com or by calling 1-800-826-5248
Cost of the tour: $3,145.00 per person, based on double occupancy
Single Supplement: $719.00
INCLUDED IN YOUR TOUR:
Transportation; Lodging for 9 nights; 22-Meals; admissions, tours and guides as shown in bold print; related taxes, tips and baggage handling for one piece per person.
Like this tour?
I have taken many trips with LifestyleBy Judy C trip to Alaska
I have taken many trips with Lifestyle, from day trips to a 12 day bus trip out west and an air trip to Alaska with Collette Travel. I enjoyed every...