April 27 – May 4, 2018
Friday, April 27
We will enjoy coffee + doughnuts and take breaks as we travel to Lewisburg, West Virginia. We will check-in at the Fairfield Inn and dine at Food and Friends. (D)
Saturday, April 28
Breakfast is included in the Fairfield Inn. We continue our journey, later checking-in for a two-night stay at the Ramada Plaza Hotel in Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina. Dinner tonight is at Peppercorns Restaurant, in the hotel. After dinner you can relax and walk along the beach at the hotel. (B, D)
Sunday, April 29
Breakfast in Peppercorns Restaurant starts a busy day of touring.
At the Wright Brothers National Memorial man first flew in 1903. This memorial tells the story of their accomplishment. At Elizabethan Garden we’ll see a recreated 16th Century formal English Garden that stands as a memorial to the first English colonists in the New World.
Tour Fort Raleigh National Historic Site, which tells the story of the first attempt to establish a permanent colony in America. See Bodie Island Lighthouse, Manteo and spend time at Jennette’s Pier, a Nag’s Head must-see. Dinner is included and we’ll stay another night at the
Ramada Plaza Resort. (B, D)
Monday, April 30
Breakfast is at Peppercorns Restaurant in the hotel before we leave. Today we will enjoy the beauty of Cape Hatteras National Seashore.and see Cape Hatteras Lighthouse.
Eating a Box Lunch, we will ferry from Hatteras to Ocracoke Island, where we’ll see
Ocracoke Lighthouse. We’ll take a relaxing ferry ride to Cedar Island. This evening we check-in for a two-night stay at DoubleTree by Hilton, in Atlantic Beach, North Carolina. Whenever there is free time, be sure to get some sand in your toes. The beach is jus out the door. (B, L, D)
Tuesday, May 1
After our buffet breakfast we will take a Double Decker Trolley Tour of Old Beaufort.
In Beaufort we will learn the history of this town, first known as “Fish Town”, and we’ll visit the Old Burying Ground. Lunch is aboard the Crystal Coast Lady as we take the “Dolphin& Wild Pony” Cruise”. At the Watercraft Center we will be able to watch the construction and restoration of wooden boats. And we’ll visit North Carolina Maritime Museum. Dinner is included this evening in our hotel. (B, L, D)
Wednesday, May 2
This morning we’ll enjoy our buffet breakfast, board our motorcoach and leave the ocean behind. Take the ”Foorsteps through History tour” in Old Salem in Winston-Salem.
After checking-in at the beautiful Graylyn Estate, we take the “Butler Tour”, dine and spend the night. (B, D)
Thursday, May 3
We start the day with a Breakfast in the estate’s restaurant. Our day includes a riding our of Winston-Salem. We’ll tour the Reynolda House Museum of American Art and visit
Reynolda Village. We continue our journey home, arriving in Daniels, West Virginia, where we are treated to dinner and overnight lodging at The Resort at Glade Springs. (B, D)
Friday, May 4
Breakfast in the The Resort at Glade Springs starts our final day of travel.
We’ll stops for lunch and breaks, including one at West Virginia’s Tamarack, and return to Evansville this evening. (B)
- Refunds in Full will be given until March 16, 2018.
- No Refunds or Credits will be given after March 16, 2018.
- Balance is due March 16, 2018.
- A more detailed itinerary will be sent two weeks prior to the tour’s departure.
- TourSecure Trip Cancellation Insurance is available for cancellation due to emergency. Please call 682-4477 if you want more information about it.
- Cost is $24 per person for a year of coverage.
- Call 812.682.4477 for more information
- Other cancellation insurance plans are available, also.
- Refund is given in the form of a Travel Certificate.
- It must be purchased by March 16, 2018 to cover this tour
- For your safety, please remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and be prepared for walking.
- Be prepared for heat/cold, rain, etc.
- There is no specific dress code for any of the places we will visit.
- Please, enjoy your ice cream and milk products outside the bus.
- Please, be courteous in using your cell phone. We will make frequent stops during which you can use them outside the bus and not bother your fellow travelers.
- Please be seated with the person with whom you are traveling. If seats are available after everyone has boarded, you are welcome to move.
- Please feel free to show your appreciation to your Tour Director and motorcoach operator for any extra help or assistance by handling gratuities individually and privately.
INCLUDED IN YOUR TOUR:
Transportation; Lodging for 7 nights; 16-Meals as shown in bold print; tours and admissions as shown in bold print; related taxes, tips and baggage handling for one piece per person
Thanks for traveling to the Outer Banks of North Carolina with Lifestyle Tours!
Like this tour?
They really do a great jobBy Becky J
Ken & his staff are really caring people. They really do a great job. They do their research and really put together a great trip. I have been on many...