Saturday – Monday, October 3 - 12, 2020
A more detailed itinerary will be available about one week prior to departure.
Saturday, October 3
- Today is a day of travel and our day ends in Topeka, Kansas.
- Dinner is included and we’ll spend the night in the Capitol Plaza Hotel. (D)
Sunday, October 4
- The hot breakfast buffet starts another day of travel.
- This evening the KickBack Reception is our dinner in the Drury Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colorado. (B, D)
Monday, October 5
- The hotel’s QuikStart Breakfast starts our day of touring!
- Our day includes:
Visit the U.S. Air Force Academy
Old North End neighborhood
Garden of the Gods National Natural Landmark
Riding tour of Old Colorado City
Visit Penrose Carriage Heritage Museum
Riding tour of “Downtown” Colorado Springs
- Dinner is included this evening (TBA)
- Overnight in the Drury Hotel in Colorado Springs. (B, D)
Tuesday, October 6
- The hotel’s QuikStart Breakfast gets us going for another busy day.
- We’ll take an excursion to Pike’s Peak Summit and
- Have free time in Manitou Springs.
- Dinner is at San Luis Mountain Brewery.
- Tonight we check-in at the Hampton Inn in Alamosa, Colorado. (B, D)
Wednesday, October 7
- Breakfast is in the Hampton Inn.
- Take in vast mountain views during our excursion aboard the historic Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad.
- Lunch is at Osier Station.
- Dinner is at Ska Brewing Restaurant and we’ll enjoy free time in Durango.
- We’ll spend the first of two nights in the Hampton Inn in Durango. (B, L, D)
Thursday, October 8
- A busy day of touring starts with breakfast in the hotel.
- Our local guide will take us to Mesa Verde National Park.
- While in this beautiful park we’ll enjoy a picnic lunch.
- We will take in a Navajo presentation at the Toh-Atin Gallery.
- Dinner is at the Red Snapper Restaurant and we'll spend our second night at the Hampton Inn in Durango. (B, L, D)
Friday, October 9
- A day of adventure starts with breakfast in the hotel.
- An excursion on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad!
- We’ll have free time in Silverton and then tour the historic Western Hotel,
The Western Hotel has been serving since the late 1800s. From the Western Hotel Saloon, you can take in the view of the rocky cliffs of the Uncompahgre River Gorge.
- Dinner is in the Western Hotel this evening.
- Our lodging tonight is in the Twin Peaks Lodge. While we are at Twin Peaks Lodge, you might enjoy some time relaxing in the hot springs. (B, D)
Saturday, October 10
- After breakfast in the Twin Peaks Lodge, you can enjoy some free time in Ouray. Ouray was granted National Historic District status because of the many examples of Victorian architecture. Nestled in a valley of the San Juan Mountains, Ouray is called “Little Switzerland of the Rockies”.
- We’ll enjoy the lunch buffet at Red Canyon Grille in Grand Junction.
- Dinner is the KickBack at the Drury Hotel in Stapleton, Colorado, where we will spend the night. (B, L, D)
Sunday, October 11
- The QuikStart Breakfast in the Drury Hotel starts a day of travel.
- The Bistro Dinner and entertainment finish our day at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in Topeka, Kansas, where we spend our last night on the road. (B, D)
Monday, October 12
- The hotel’s Continental Breakfast gets us going this morning.
- Tour the Arabia Steamboat Museum.
In 1856 the steamboat sank in the Missouri River near Kansas City. Soon after that, the river changed course and quickly the boat became buried in the soft soil. It remained hidden until 1988. It has been restored and has become an interesting attraction.
- Lunch is at Marlene’s at Crane Store Museum.
- This evening we return home.
- Refunds will be given until August 21, 2020.
- No Refunds or credits will be given after August 21, 2020.
- TourSecure Trip Cancellation Insurance is Available.
- Call 682-4477 for more information.
- Must be purchased by August 21, 2020, to cover this tour.
- Balance is due August 21. 2020.
Cost of the tour: $2,647.00 per person, based on double occupancy
Thank you for going to Colorado with Lifestyle Tours!
Like this tour?
Wonderful people and service!By Beverly R
Wonderful people and service! I wouldn't travel with anyone else.