April 25 – May 1, 2019
Thursday, April 25
Traveling to our Nation’s Capital today, we will stop for breaks and lunch. Dinner and your room for the night are in the Courtyard by Marriott in Morgantown, West Virginia. (D)
Friday, April 26
Breakfast is included in the hotel before continuing to George Washington’s Mount Vernon.
We will tour the Mansion and enjoy dinner in the Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant.
We will spend three nights at the Hampton Inn Alexandria Old Town Area South. (B, D)
Saturday, April 27
Your Hampton Inn breakfast starts a busy day of touring in Washington, D.C.
- Our riding tour will take us to view the White House.
- Guided tour of Washington National Cathedral
- Visit the US Capitol Visitor Center and see the Capitol (if available)
- View and/or visit Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Korean War Veterans Memorial, WWII Memorial.
- Visit the John F. Kennedy Performing Arts Center
Dinner is included at Primo Family Restaurant before retiring to the Hampton Inn. (B, D)
Sunday, April 28
Breakfast is in the Hampton Inn.
Today we continue our touring at the new Museum of The Bible, where a Bag Lunch is included. We will visit The Smithsonian and tour the Holocaust Museum.
Dinner is included again this evening. (B, L, D)
Monday, April 29
Breakfast is in the Hampton Inn.
Our day starts with a Tram Tour of Arlington National Cemetery and we’ll see the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns.
Before leaving the area we’ll visit the Iwo Jima Memorial.
Arriving in Gettysburg, our first stop is the Visitor Center of Gettysburg National Military Park.
We will tour the Eisenhower National Historic Site and take a riding tour of Gettysburg National Military Park. Dinner is at General Pickett’s Buffet.
Our home for tonight is the Country Inn & Suites in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. (B, D)
Tuesday, April 30
Breakfast is in the hotel before taking a “walking tour” of downtown Gettysburg.
During this 1.5 – 2-hour tour with a Gettysburg Licensed Town Historian, we’ll hear stories about the civilians’ experiences during the battle as we see historic sites, period photographs and first-hand accounts. (This is a leisurely walk and there are benches along the way.)
Later in the day, we’ll arrive at the beautiful Oglebay Park Resort. Here we will visit the
Glass Museum and Mansion Museum. Dinner and overnight lodging are in the
Oglebay Park Resort in Wheeling, West Virginia. (B, D)
Wednesday, May 1
Breakfast is in the Oglebay Park Resort Restaurant. After touring the Gardens in Oglebay Park Resort, we’ll take the final leg of our journey home. (B)
- Refunds in Full will be given until March 14, 2019.
- No Refunds or Credits will be given after March 14, 2019.
- Balance is due March 14, 2019.
- A more detailed itinerary will be sent one week prior to the tour’s departure.
- TourSecure Trip Cancellation Insurance is available for cancellation due to emergency. Please call 682-4477 if you want more information about it.
- It must be purchased by March 14, 2019, to cover this tour
- Refund is given in the form of a Travel Certificate,
- Other cancellation insurance plans are available, also.
- Call 812.682.4477 for more information.
Cost of the tour: $1,767.00 per person, based on double occupancy
INCLUDED IN YOUR TOUR:
Transportation; Lodging for 6 nights; 13-Meals as shown in bold print; tours and admissions as shown in bold print; related taxes, tips and baggage handling for one piece per person.
Thanks for traveling to Washington, D.C. and Gettysburg with Lifestyle Tours!
Like this tour?
You did a fantastic job preparing us for the tripBy Steve, Kim and Katie L trip to Ireland
We just want to thank you again for making us feel so welcomed on the Ireland trip. You did a fantastic job preparing us for the trip. We can't wait...